Wednesday, January 25, 2012

cheesy ham and tater casserole

**Warning**
While this is super tasty and freezes really well, it is by NO means a low fat healthy choice :)
Whatcha Need:
1 bag of frozen hash browns
OR
6 medium taters, boiled, skinned and shredded :)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 16oz container of sour cream
2 TB melted butter
1/4 C onions (or if you're lazy like me 2 tb dehydrated onions)
2 C shredded cheese
ham, cubed (i use leftovers)
Whatcha Do:
Preheat your oven to 375. Now, I'm cheap. I hate buying frozen hash browns when I can just make my own at home. I have a wonderful food processor that I can easily shred my taters with. Thanks Hubby :) So, i just scrub 6 or so taters, place them in some water with salt and cook until not quite done. You want them almost done. Then let them cool. Peel and shred :) While you're waiting for the taters to cool, you can cut up your ham. This is the great time to mix up your soup, sour cream, butter, onions, and cheese in a separate bowl. Spray your casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Mix the taters and the ham with the soup mixture. Spread into casserole dish. Cover with foil. Bake for roughly 30 mins. Take off foil and then cook an additional 10 mins.
And you're done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment