Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

Thank you Pinterest! On my heavens!! I found this recipe on there and made a few changes to suit my family :) I'm in L O V E!! I hate having to share :) We used our leftover rice from our fave Chinese place here in Bountiful (Ho Ho Gourmet) And tada! Dinner is served :
Whatcha Need:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
3/4 C cornstarch
Salt & Pepper
3 eggs, beaten like they stole something
1/4 C canola oil
Sauce:
3/4 C white sugar
4 TB ketchup
1/2 C vinegar
1 TB soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt or minced garlic
Whatcha Do:
  1. Preheat your oven at CCCXXV degrees (325). Rinse your chicken tatas with water and then cut into 1" cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Wash your hands. Pour the oil into a skillet and turn it on to medium heat. Now, according the the recipe you "Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs." I am lazy. So, into a plastic baggie goes the chicken with the cornstarch. :) Then I put the chicken in the eggie shiz and toss it to cover it. THEN I put in oil and brown. Not enough for it to be done, but enough to look purty! Oh! Don't forget to wash your manos again. While the chicken is doing it's cookin' thang, make your sauce :) Once the chicken is done, scoop it into a 9*13 pan and drizzle the sauce evenly over the chicken. Bake for an hour! Make sure you turn the chicken about every 15 minutes to make sure it doesn't burn with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment