Wednesday, June 15, 2011

chicken puff thingys :)

Hey guys! I know it's been a while! it's been a crazy few couple of weeks :) But my nights are starting to "slow" down! Josh is back in school, so 6 nights a week its just me and the Bugga :)

I got this recipe from my dear friend Cylista! I think she said her sister-in-law gave her the recipe! it's the easiest recipe EVER! i've made very little changes to it to suit my family :)


Whatcha need:

2-4 chicken breasts, diced and cooked.

roughly 12-14 ozs cream cheese, softened

2-4 celery stalks, diced

1 box of chicken stuffing

2 rolls of crescent rolls

melted butter


Whatcha do:

Preheat oven to directions on crescent package. After you've cooked the chicken and it's coolin' a bit, separate the seasoning from the bread crumbs in the stuffing box. It's not the easiest job, but it's worth it. Save the bread crumbs for laters. You're gonna need 'em. In separate bowl, combine the celery with the seasoning and cream cheese. Add the chicken. Mix all together. Open your rolls. I lay them on the cookie sheet I'm going to cook them on. Crush your bread crumbs. Now here's the tricky part. You dropped a tablespoon or more of the chicken mixture onto the rolls and then roll 'em up like a pizza pocket. Roll in melted butter and then the bread crumbs. Put 'em back on the cookie sheet. Repeat :) When you've got 'em all buttered and crumby :) bake according to the package of rolls. I served ours with steamed broccoli. Next time we're going to do asparagus :) Stevey LOVED them. I was shocked when he downed 2 of them.


**I add a dash of sage to my chicken and some green onions, diced**

3 comments:

  1. oh, use a strainer to separate the crumbs from the seasonings in the stuffing! Pretty easy!! :) Just strain the seasonings into a bowl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing I must have forgot to tell you, we have it with cream of chicken soup over top! :)

    ReplyDelete