Sunday, June 19, 2011

This is a fabulous recipe that I'm making this Friday! I thought I would just post the recipe ahead of time before I got too busy with this week :) It's a super easy recipe! I found it at one of my favorite sites and tweaked it a little to jive with my family :)



Whatcha need:

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 C water
1/3 c lemon juice
2 tsps of minced garlic (i get mine at costco for cheap)
1 chicken bullion cube

**optional a few sliced fresh mushrooms**

Whatcha do:
In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Now, I sliced my chicken into smaller strips because I get the HUGE breasts from the store :) Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.

You can serve it over cooked rice or your favorite whole wheat pasta :) If you chose to do rice, make the rice with chicken broth :) Super tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment