Sunday, June 26, 2011

Poor Man's Cheesecake!

Anyone else having a hard time coming up with recipe ideas? I stood in my kitchen tonight, my hands on my hips, staring at my cupboards. There were plenty of items in the those blasted things but my brain wasn't just making any connections :) Until WHAM!!! I figured out what to make!! I had some raspberries in the fridge that were fixin' to go bad if I didn't hurry it up. I was craving cheesecake something fierce. But alas! It's Sunday and I had NO cream cheese. To, I decided to do a poor man's cheesecake! :) :) If you close your eyes while you eat it, it IS cheesecake!


Whatcha Need:

1 1/2 c finely crushed graham crackers

3-4 TBS melted butter

1/4-1/3 C sugar

1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

2 packages vanilla pudding

milk to make pudding :)

fresh raspberries

roughly 1/4 C raspberry jam NOT jelly


Whatcha do:

To prepare the crust, simply combine the graham crackers, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Press into pie plate. Set aside :) Combine milk and pudding. Whisk until almost set. Pour into pie crust. Top with raspberry jam and fresh raspberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

**If you're lucky, you have the best raspberry jam in the world-my father in laws homemade!! Homemade works best!**

No comments:

Post a Comment