Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkin Ginger Bread

I freakin' love fall!! And it's not just because everything is orange :) I love the foods and smells that go along with it! I love the crispness of the air!! Oh my! Sensory overload :) YAY :)
So here's one of my favorite recipes!! It comes from yours truly :)
Whatcha need:
3 C sugar
1 C veggie oil
4 eggs
2/3 C water
1 15oz can of pumpkin
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (sometimes i cheat and use 2 tsps :) )
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp allspice
3 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
What to do:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour the loaf pans you're gonna use. In large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar and beat until smooth. If you have an electric mixer, use it!! Your arms are gonna get tired :P Add water and blend well. Slowly stir in pumpkin. Careful! Clumps can form! In smaller bowl combine ginger, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, flour, baking soda & baking powder. Slowly add to wet mixture. Mix well and divide into 2 regular loaf pans or 7 mini loaf pans. Bake 1 hour and 10 mins for reg. loaves and 45 mins for mini loaves.
**pictures to come** I can't find my usb cord

No comments:

Post a Comment