Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No Fail Pie Crust

Okay boys and berries! I know I'm late on getting this out there, but it's perfect for quiche too!
Whatcha need:
1 1/4 C flour
1/3 C shortening (i love the butter flavored kind)
1/4 tsp salt
4-5 TB of COLD water
Whatcha do:
Combine the flour with the salt. Add the shortening and cut it all up :) You can use a fork, but i LOVE my Pampered Chef pastry cutter-Thanks MaryLou :) My mother-in-law is the bestest! Slowly add the water. I work in 1 TB at a time, moisten some of the flour and keeping it on one side. Does that make sense? If not, ask me. I'll try and clarify :) After all is moisten, form a ball and roll baby roll :) This is perfect for 1 pie crust. If you need the double crust recipe, just let me know! It's a tad different than just doubling the ingredients :)

No comments:

Post a Comment