Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pancake & Sausage Casserole



I recently decided to try some new funky ways to do breakfast for dinner. I was cruising some recipes and found one for pancake & sausage casserole. The recipe I found needed some "tweekage", but it turned out pretty dang good :) I got a happy hubby and a happy son :) Josh said it was like a fluffy McGriddle :)

What you need:
1 lb pork breakfast sausage. use bulk so you can break it up easy while it cooks.
2 C white flour
2 TB white sugar
2 TB brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 C milk
2 TB oil
2-3 tsps vanilla extract
What to do:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray. I used a small Pyrex dish. This recipes feeds "4" If you have a bigger family and decide to double it, use a cookie sheet! Brown and drain your sausage. In bowl mix dry ingredients and then add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix WELL! Fold in the sausage. Pour into baking dish and bake for roughly 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes after you take it out. Drizzle or drench with maple syrup-all depends on your likes! It's super tasty. I fully plan on making it for breakfast the next time I have a huge clan for the morning meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment