Thursday, October 21, 2010

Easy Meatloaf

Now, I know most of you are thinking-meat LOAF?! Who wants a meatloaf recipe?! Well, Josh has had his fair share of nasty meatloafs. He has from rare meat (like still moo-ing in the middle) to so crispy that it can used as a hockey puck. I've used this recipe I came up with by tweeking my Gram's old one SEVERAL time and NEVER had a complaint :) I'll give you the recipe that feeds a family of 4 unless you have some serious meat-eaters :)
What you need:
1 lb ground beef (i've never tried ground turkey...but it should work)
1/2 diced green bell pepper
1/2 med onion, diced
1 egg
1/2 sleeve crackers ( i used the walmart ritz crackers for added flavor)
roughly 1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Honestly, just mix it all together with your hands. Put into a bread loaf pan-or if you're super gung ho they have the coolest meat loaf pans at Walmart :) I'm asking Santa for one :) Bake for a minium of 45 mins. Cover with Ketchup and bake for another 10 mins and ta - da :) I always do some kind of tater side dish (100% Idahoan for me and my taters LOL) And either a side salad or whatever veggie your family digs :) I LOVE it with green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment