Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yummy AppleSauce Muffins


What you need:

1 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 TB canola or corn oil
1/4 C honey
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 C raisins (i use closer to 2/3, i just grab a handful LOL)
12-17 colorful paper liners

Beat together applesauce, egg, oil and honey. Sift in dry ingredients; stirring just until moisten. Fold in raisins. Divide into 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes at 375. I usually get 17 muffins instead of 12, but I don't fill the cups all the way so I don't have a huge mess to clean off my pan :) :)

These muffins are 143 calories per muffin and 26 carbs, which is mainly complex carbs (the good kind ) I use "Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and sugar-free jam to complete the tastiness. My hubby loves for the morning. They're pretty filling and easy to eat on the go.

2 comments:

  1. Love me some muffins! Your awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New family fav! The kids devoured them. Thankfully they left a few for mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete