Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheap and Easy Sloppy Joes :)

So, I don't know about you, but I'm a fan of sloppy joes. My husband LIVES for his sloppy joes. I know that Manwich isn't super duper expensive, but if I don't have to buy anything-Go me :)


What you need:

1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey
1 med. onion chopped
1 green pepper diced
1 1/2 tbsp. mustard
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. catsup
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Start to brown hamburger. When most of the pink is gone, add the onion and pepper. Cook until hamburger is completely done and drain. In separate bowl mix mustard, sugar, catsup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
Combine sauce with hamburger. Heat through and serve on buns :) My hubby says it's not complete without chips :)

Serve and enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! My hubby loves sloppy joes too but I hate to pay for manwich and didn't have a good recipe. So glad you started this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Gonna have to try this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really similar to our sloppy joes recipe. We also like to add mushrooms to the joes and put cheese on top (as I know you too are a cheesy girl). Love it!

    ReplyDelete