Wednesday, April 21, 2010

apologies!! and chocolate

I've been slacking a little this week. For that I apologize!! However! I have a wonderful recipe to share. I made it for FHE this week. Tasty Brownies!! Unfortunately, by the time I got to take a picture, this is all I had left :) In my hubby's defense, we did share with our neighbor :)
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
You will need:
1 fudge brownie mix of your choice
10 oz pkg of peanut butter chips
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
1/2 cup butter
1 TB shortening
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Bake the brownies according to the direction on the box. Cool COMPLETELY before starting anything else!!! Melt butter and peanut butter chips over LOW heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until smooth; pour over cooled brownies. Place choc. chips and shortening in a small bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. When melted, mix THOROUGHLY. Drizzle choc. mixture using a teaspoon over brownies. If you want nuts, sprinkle over the top. Refrigerate until firm (about an hour). But into squares :)

I've made it using 3/4 pkg of PB chips and 1/4 pkg of milk choc. chips also. It was super chocolaty!

Am I forgiven? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment