Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mom's Apple Pie

As most of you know, my anniversary was yesterday. My hubby was a super romantic. I decided to be nice and make him an apple pie. He LOVES homemade apple pie!! I thought-hey! I'll post this on my blog! :) So here we go!
You will need:
6-8 med size apples
I used a combination of apples, fuji, red delicious and at least one granny smith
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 (ish) tsp of nutmeg
1/2 (ish) tsp of cinnamon
butter to pat
2 pie crusts.
You can cheat and use the already made ones sold in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store. If you want a NEVER fail pie crust recipe, lemme know :) I cheated with this one :)
Preheat your oven for 375. Peel and slice the apples. Mix in sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place apple mixture into a pie shell. Pat with butter ( i use roughly 4 tbs) Cover with other pie crust. If you're feeling fancy, lattice it up baby! If you're somewhat lazy like me, make sure you slit the top crust to allow ventilation.

Bake for roughly 30-35 mins and wal-la! Super tasty pie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment