Friday, June 25, 2010

One Pot Roast-3 dinners

Our freezer had a hiccup. So I had to cook some things fast. Normally, when I make a roast, I invite my sister and brother in law over. We can never finish them before they go bad. I never seem to get the right size for our little family! So here I am, a huge roast and no clue. So...it came to me-cook it in the crockpot.That will you give you time to figure it out! LOL I decided to cook it and then figure out recipes for the next week. To cook the roast, I first seared it with seasonings. For those of you that don't know how to do that-i rub the roast with seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion salt or powder.Then I melt some butter in a frying pan. I "sear" the roast by cooking it on each side for about 3 mins or so at med-high heat. While I'm doing that, I put 3 beef bullion cubes in my crockpot with roughly 6-7 cups of water and put the crockpot on high. Yes, I can multi-task :) After all edges are seared, I simply put the roast in the crockpot and turn it down to low. Then, I walk away :) While this lovely hunk of beef was cooking, I sleep! I put it on before I went to bed :) The next day I woke up, checked it. Good :) At like noon, I took it out of the crockpot and let it 'rest'. I divided it into 3 equal parts. I took out 2 cups of the water out of the crock pot and then here's what I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment