Friday, June 25, 2010

Cheap "Steak" Fajitas

"STEAK" Fajitas
Steak can be expensive. But it's soooooo tasty. So, the other day I was in the market, and they had their stew meat marked down for quick sale. I thought to myself, "Self, you could make some tasty fajitas with this." So here we go :)

What you'll need:

1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 medium size yellow onion
1 pkg stew meat :)
Garlic Powder
Pepper Flakes
Salt & Pepper
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese
Flour Tortillas
Salsa

Start to brown the stew meat. Add the garlic powder, salt & pepper, and pepper flakes to taste.
Thinly slice the peppers and onions. I always do the peppers first. I have a problem. I always seem to eat more of the peppers then I put in the mixture. :)

Add peppers to the stew meat and cook until the onions and peppers are tender.
I warm the tortillas by placing them on top of the meat mixture.

1 comment: