Monday, March 21, 2011

whole wheat banana bread

I'm trying to do better at eating better. So, I've been playing around with making some of my comfort foods a tad bit healthier. I haven't perfected this recipe just yet, but it's pretty darn close :) Please oh please, if any of you kiddies try this recipe and find something that's super tasty, let me know!!! I'm going to experiment some more when I get some time next week, but I HAD to share this today :)
Whatcha need:
3 LARGE bananas, mashed PDG (pretty dang good)
2 eggs,
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C melted butter (i used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
3/4 C granulated sugar
1 3/4 C wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
Whatcha do
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In mixing bowl, combine bananas, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well. And sugar and mix well again :) In separate bowl (or if you have AWESOME glass measuring cups from an even more AWESOME hubby, use those :) combine the remaining ingredients. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well yet again :) Pour into greased/floured 9*13 loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350. Pull out and let cook in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
I thought about adding some nuts, but I didn't have any on hand. But please, let me know if any of y'all come up with any variations :)
I will post pictures as soon as my little demon, ur, i mean ANGEL tells me when he hid the camera. Mr. Steven decided he's going to be a photographer I guess and Mom was wasting his memory space on the camera :)
Stay tuned for some more fun recipes this week and a super duper special linkin' up with a special site :)

2 comments:

  1. it must be fate that I have 3 ripe bananas sitting on my counter and this morning I thought I should make banana bread. I usually add chocolate chips to mine! Thanks for the healthier receipe!

    ReplyDelete