Thursday, August 15, 2013

I know, I know. You're asking yourselves, "Where the hannah has she been?"  :) I've been here. Just lazy. But now that I'm moving into my 5th month of pregnancy and it's getting cooler, you will hopefully see more of me :)

Today, I logged onto Pinterest and was bombarded with fall happiness!! Autumn is my FAVORITE season and not just because things get to be orange :) As I've said before-i love the smells, the crispness in the air. Heck! I love everything!

So I decided that I needed to make something pumpkin-y to get me in the mood. So, here is my fave reason for Pumpkin Streusel Top Muffins

 

What you need:

2 1/2 C flour (i do half wheat/half white when i wanna feel healthier)
1/2 C quick oats
4 heaping tsp pumpkin spice*
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
1 C light brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
2/3 c veg oil
1/2 C applesauce (unsweetened)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
STREUSEL TOPPING
1/4 C packed brown sugar
2 TB softened butter
2 TB quick oats
2 TB flour
*if you don't have pumpkin spice, I'll post at the end how to make your own

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in their spots on your pan :)
In mixing bowl, combine: pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs, & vanilla. Mix well. In separate bowl combine flour, oats, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, & salt. Slowly add dry to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.

 Scoop into cupcake liner and fill almost to the top. In a small bowl, combine streusel topping until it's crumbly. I use a fork :) Put a little streusel topping on the muffin mixture.



Bake for 25-30 mins. When the muffins spring back when touched, they're done. 

PUMPKIN SPICE
Combine 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger & 1/4 tsp cloves. Mix and store in airtight container. I always double it at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment