Monday, August 3, 2015

Protein Bars

So, having a soy allergy is such a nasty issue when you're looking at MRE's or any kind of protein drink/bar. This gal and soy don't party well. Don't party with lactose well either! :) Kind of limits the protein choices.  Before I left the fascinating world of accounting, one of the CPA's wives gave me a recipe for homemade protein bars. I, of course, added my own twist and want to share :) :)

What you need:
2 cups quick oats 
1/2 C almond butter or PB2 :)
2 TB chia seeds (COSTCO!!)
2 scoops of protein powder ( i use Gold Standard 100% Whey)
1/4-1/2 cup agave nectar

What you do:
Mix WELL and press into and 8*8 pan. Let set for roughly 1 hour and then cut into bars. I wrapped mine in wax paper and then stored them in an airtight container.

NOW! That's the basis of it. If you want it to take like a peanut butter cup, use the PB2 and Double Chocolate protein. It seriously is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You can mix and match the protein powders and try different nut butters :) I tried Vanilla Ice Cream powder with the almond butter and then added a little cinnamon. Loved the combination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment